Caryn's Knits

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Eris Pullover, Day 3

I began Eris on the weekend. I actually swatched for the smaller size needles (Wow, imagine that! *g*), and then cast on to begin the cabled collar.

I'm about halfway through the right hand side of the collar. The short rows to shape the curve in the neckline is quite cool. I gotta say though, this is undoubtedly the most intimidating pattern I've ever tried. 41 pages long! The legend for the cable charts alone is 4 pages. ..


The yarn is Elann's Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran, in slate. Which, surprisingly enough, is actually knitting up purple. I thought I was getting gray, but I do like the colour, so it really isn't a problem.

It's Aran-weight wool, and US3 needles gave me gauge, so I think this'll be thick enough to stop a bullet when it's done.

I'm enjoying it so far, but right now it's just cabling. I think picking up the stitches for the body of the sweater should be fun. *g*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home