Caryn's Knits

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Too many projects

Once upon a time, I swear I was project-monogamous. I started something, I finished it, I started something else.

Now? I have 5 items in the WIP file, and that doesn't include things like the baby sweater that just needs buttons or the scarf I don't really like so I just... stopped knitting it.

I love planning projects, picking out the wool, finding the right needles. I cast on, all excited, and then the pattern starts to take shape, and that's even better. But somewhere in there, the excitement kinda goes away, and I start looking for something else to do. Once I get near the end, I usually pick up steam again, but the middle? such a slog. *g*

The Soleil is stalled because all that's left the the crochet edging, and I'm not all that sure how to do it. And because, when I tried it on after seaming the shoulders last Saturday, it didn't fit properly. It gaped - badly - along the armholes. I'll do the crochet edging anyway, and see if that helps at all, but the thought that I may have to frog the whole thing, do it in a smaller size, and add short-row shaping to the bust is just really, really irritating. I was looking forward to wearing it, too!

The two shawls aren't really stalled - I did two rows of the Irish Diamond shawl on Saturday, while watching Stargate: Atlantis, and 3 rows of the Desert Sun Sunday afternoon while trying to distract myself from the Soleil issues. They'll just keep coming along, I think, a couple of rows at a time, when I don't want to work on the Eris for some reason. The fact that they're going so slowly is actually a little weird - I love knitting lace. One of them should be the first thing I reach for, when I'm looking for something to do.

Maybe I should just not start anything else until everything I currently have in the works is done. I wonder how well that would work, especially with Christmas coming up - gift knitting will have to start soon, after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home