Caryn's Knits

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My once-a-year post :-)

So, I've just about finished my first bit of Christmas knitting. It's a Little Cable Hoodie (Ravelry link) by Chrissy Gardiner, done in three skeins of Berocco's Pure Alpaca. It was lovely to knit up, the kitchener'ed underarms were actually easy (got them the first time! Whee!), and I hope my niece is gonna like it.


The Pure Alpaca actually gave my gauge a little smaller then the one recommended for the pattern, which, fortunately, is exactly what I wanted (my niece is 95th percentile height for her age, and only about 25th percentile weight; the girl's a beanpole, just like her Mom). The smaller gauge meant that I could easily knit the 4T size for height, and came out with the width halfway between 2T and 4T. I still have to sew in the zipper, and that may be an adventure, since I've never done a zipper before. I just hope it fits her!

Once that was done (and while I was waiting for an order to arrive from WEBS with the rest of what I need for my Christmas knitting), I actually picked up my Jaywalkers again.


After 3 years sitting in the stash, I actually turned the heel on the first one! Whee! These are being done in Dream In Colour Smooshy Sock, and maybe I'll actually manage to keep with them, this time. Although, I find I can't work on them for all that long at a time - my hands cramp up. I'm thinking the cramping hands are probably why I don't tend to knit socks very much. Over the last three years, I guess I'd forgotten.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home