Caryn's Knits

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Knitting under the Gun

So, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday. I bought a pretty little summer dress in maroon and white to wear to it, no problem.

And then I looked at the forecast for next weekend. A sunny day, sure, but the high is only supposed to be 23 degrees. And I'll be in a dress with little spaghetti straps - I'll freeze! This isn't supposed to happen in Southern Ontario in July.


So the only thing to do is get a little shawl, right? Well, I have shawls in purple, bright red, cream, and copper. I even have a Seasilk shawl in bronze that I just finished knitting as a gift for my mother, and could keep. They all clash with the dress.

So last night, I went to Mary's Yarns, hoping to pick up a skein of white laceweight, or something I could use to make myself a little something. They were closed. Argh. I could not wait another day to start, and have any hope of getting it done.


So, home to dive through my stash it was. I found some Jaggerspun Zephyr in a silver-grey - the stuff I used to make my sister a shawl last year. I found a pattern - the Swallowtail Shawl, and I cast on. I couldn't even go to Stitch'n'Bitch last night to work on it - this is not social knitting. I don't have time to make any mistakes, of any kind.

So far? I'm about 18% done. So every single free moment between now and Friday, I'll have needles in my hands. Hopefully, I can finish it in time to block it Friday night. Any bets?

I just hope the silver looks okay with the dress - the dress itself is out at M's, so I can't even do a comparison. Maybe I'll go pick up a white pashmina as a backup, just in case...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck with getting it done! And no worries about not making it last night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home