Caryn's Knits

Saturday, September 02, 2006

FO: Soleil!

Finally finished the Soleil! Yay! Specs:
Yarn: Elann's Sonata, in Burgundy Rose, 6 balls. (The colour's a little darker than in the photo)
Needles: US 6
Time: it took me about 4 weeks to do the sweater, and then another 3 weeks to get round to finishing it. Sigh.

The biggest lesson learned here is to trust the designer, at least a little. After finishing knitting the sweater, I was certain it was too big, that it would gape horribly around the armholes. I was dicouraged enough that I didn't bother to do the row of crochet around the edges, and just put it aside. Well, when I got around to finishing it up, I did two rows of crochet around the armhole edges, and it fit just fine. So, if I'd just kept going when I finished the knitting I would have had a pretty little sweater to wear for the last part of the summer. Oh, well.

I really like the lace around the bottom. The little bit of waist shaping it has is another nice touch - makes for a really nice fit to the top.

I need to figure out how to take better pictures of the finished items, though. I actually managed to use the remote for my camera to get this one, but the angle's a little wonky. It's much easier to take pictures of things when I'm not wearing them. *g*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home