Caryn's Knits

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Eris Step 1, Complete!

I finished the collar of the Eris sweater last night. Woo-hoo! The pointed part (the front of the neck) just killed me though. For some reason (might have been the raspberry martini I was drinking), I just kept making mistakes, and having to tink back a little. It seems like I made a mistake on almost every row. It looks okay now, though, so I don't think I actually missed correcting any mistakes.



And here's a picture with me actually wearing it. This is good, since it means I should be able to get the finished product over my head...



So, then I was onto knitting gauge swatches for the back-and-forth part of the sweater. That's easier to do than complicated cables when a little tipsy (*g*), but I haven't found the right size yet. The 3.75mm needles were a little small, so I guess I'll try the 4.25mm needles tonight. Swatching's just not all that exciting, but if I can't buy a cable needle in the right size long enough tomorrow morning, I'll be stalled until sometime next week. This would be why I need to get myself a set of Denise Interchangables (or maybe the new Knitpicks set), but I prefer using bamboo needles over metal ones, and neither come in bamboo.

I've got to remember to stop reading ahead in the pattern, though. The instructions make perfect sense when I'm actually doing the work, with the needles in my hands, but reading ahead scares me. It just seems complicated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home